When it comes to travel, air travel, in particular, is a huge source of carbon emissions. With an estimated single transatlantic return flight emitting almost half the CO2 emissions produced by all other sources. Carbon offsetting is effectively used to counteract or compensate the carbon you emit yearly whether this is through actives such as driving, heating or why most of your are here – flying. This is done by funding or actively participating in equivalent carbon dioxide savings elsewhere. [Click Here To Learn More]
Unsure about how much to purchase?
- London to Los Angeles (Return) = 1.3 Tonnes
- Los Angeles to New York (Return) = 0.5 Tonnes
- London to Hong Kong (Return) = 1.5 Tonnes
- Hong Kong to Sydney (Return) = 1 Tonne
For the average consumer, it is difficult to establish where to safely invest in carbon offsetting to know it is having a positive impact on the environment.
- Here you can directly invest Into a range of carbon offset projects that are Verified Carbon Standard (VCS) certified and have Gold Standard Verified Emission Reductions (VERs).
- Investments here will be distributed across a network of VCS and VER Carbon Offset Projects throughout the world. Directly benefiting the environment and communities these project support.
- Opt-in monthly newsletters will show the direct impact your investment has had on particular projects and the work they do.
The Verified Carbon Standard (VCS) Carbon Offsets are the leading industry standard when it comes to voluntary carbon offsetting. They provide integrity to the environmental carbon investment market by setting simple sets of criteria for organisations to meet. VSC ensure all verified voluntary emission reduction projects are verified to meet their criteria independently. Asses on the basis of Voluntary Carbon Units (VCUs) that represent quantifiable and permanent emission reductions made by these projects.
The Gold Standard (VERs) is the first independent best practice benchmark for emission reduction projects to offset Greenhouse Gases. It provides developers with a tool to ensure that the CDM and JI mechanisms and the voluntary offset market deliver credible projects with real environmental benefits and, in so doing, confidence to host countries and the public that project represents new and additional investments in sustainable energy services.